Girl, 8, gets Arsenal FA Cup semi-final dream ticket
- Credit: Archant
Jojo picked from 34,000 to walk out with the Gunners at Wembley today
An 8-year-old Arsenal fan was given a happy surprise when she was picked to be a mascot at Arsenal’s FA Cup semi-final clash today.
JoJo Guthrie was attending an Arsenal Soccer School session when Gunnersaurus, the club’s dinosaur mascot, told her she had been randomly picked out of 34,000 junior Gunners.
She will then have the chance to meet the team in the dressing room at Wembley before leading the team onto the pitch as they take on Reading, before watching the game.
She said: “I thought Gunnersaurus had come to surprise us all with a visit, I didn’t think it would be just for me. I’m so excited about going to Wembley and meeting the players, especially Santi Cazorla.”
You may also want to watch:
JoJo’s dad Sean said “We found it very difficult not to tell her, knowing how excited she would be, but the look of excitement and shock on her face when she realised what was happening was amazing.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans