Girl, 8, gets Arsenal FA Cup semi-final dream ticket
- Credit: Archant
Jojo picked from 34,000 to walk out with the Gunners at Wembley today
An 8-year-old Arsenal fan was given a happy surprise when she was picked to be a mascot at Arsenal’s FA Cup semi-final clash today.
JoJo Guthrie was attending an Arsenal Soccer School session when Gunnersaurus, the club’s dinosaur mascot, told her she had been randomly picked out of 34,000 junior Gunners.
She will then have the chance to meet the team in the dressing room at Wembley before leading the team onto the pitch as they take on Reading, before watching the game.
She said: “I thought Gunnersaurus had come to surprise us all with a visit, I didn’t think it would be just for me. I’m so excited about going to Wembley and meeting the players, especially Santi Cazorla.”
You may also want to watch:
JoJo’s dad Sean said “We found it very difficult not to tell her, knowing how excited she would be, but the look of excitement and shock on her face when she realised what was happening was amazing.”
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
- 10 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'