Give a dog a future
As a patron for Dogs Trust, I’m writing to let the animal lovers among your readers know how they can help abandoned and unwanted dogs this Christmas.
Firstly let me introduce you to three of my best friends: Captain Jack, my Jack Russell terrier and Harris and Charlie, my gorgeous Cocker Spaniels pictured here with me.
The day I brought Charlie home from Dogs Trust, the UK’s largest dog welfare charity, I made a commitment to take care of him, and in turn, Charlie has given me his unconditional love.
The Dogs Trust slogan – A Dog is for Life, Not Just for Christmas – means that no matter how tempting it might be to give dogs as presents, please don’t. Instead, think about sponsoring a dog from Dogs Trust as an alternative gift. For only a pound a week, your gift can help give a dog a future beyond Christmas.
Every year Dogs Trust rescues thousands of abandoned and unwanted dogs, like Charlie. If you know someone who is crazy about canines, please consider a donation. To find out more, go to dogstrust.org.uk/sponsor.
Wishing you peace and joy this holiday season. – John Barrowman, proud owner of Charlie, Captain Jack and Harris…oh, and entertainer
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 5 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 9 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 10 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close