Gooner Fanzine editor Kevin Whitcher on Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal: It’s a day of mixed emotions
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Gooner Fanzine editor Kevin Whitcher has been one of Arsene Wenger’s fiercest critics over the last decade. Read on as he shares his thoughts on a momentous day at Arsenal.
Today is a day of mixed emotions for many Arsenal fans.
But the overriding feeling is one of relief that the club can now move on from an era that saw eventual decline as Arsenal ceased to be genuine title contenders.
This announcement will re-unite the fans base and we can all get behind the team 100 per cent for the rest of the season knowing change is on the horizon.
It feels like the buzz is back and I am sure the crowds will now return to the Emirates too.
Kevin Whitcher is editor of the Gooner Fanzine. Follow the publication on Twitter @GoonerFanzine and Kevin @KevinWhitcher01
- 1 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 2 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 5 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 6 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 7 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 8 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
The Gooner Fanzine will be on sale at Sunday’s home match with West Ham United, and on Thursday in the crucial Europa League semi-final first leg against Atletico Madrid as well as in Madrid for the second leg a week on Thursday.