Gospel Oak to Barking Overground closures: Your chance to quiz rail staff at Upper Holloway and Crouch Hill
- Credit: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
Overground passengers are invited to attend public information sessions ahead of a five-week closure of the Barking to Gospel Oak line.
Weekend closures are set to continue until September 10 and will be followed by a five-week full closure from September 17.
The line will reopen for weekday services on October 23, while weekend closures will continue.
Staff from Network Rail, Transport for London and operators Arriva Rail London will be meeting passengers at all stations over the next two weeks to answer questions.
They will be at Upper Holloway on September 5 and Crouch Hill on September 6 – in both cases, between 4.30pm and 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Meliha Duymaz, Network Rail’s route managing director, said: “We are carrying out work to electrify the line, which can only take place when the line is closed.
“Our teams will be on hand to explain the work and answer any questions.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
A second closure is proposed from November 25 until January 14.