Gourmet Burger Kitchen: Long live the Windsor
There are a lot of things to be thankful to the Queen for as she celebrates her 60th year on the throne.
Shaking millions of well-wishing hands whatever the weather, enduring the same conversation thousands of times in the name of diplomacy and the four-day weekend are just some of them.
And now there is another: the Windsor Burger at Gourmet Burger Kitchen – the hamburger chain’s own nod to the Diamond Jubilee. I know what you’re thinking: “It just looks like a hamburger to me.”
Well, you are wrong. The Windsor is made with premium beef which spent its years before arriving at your table grazing in the grounds of Windsor Castle. Yes, that is the Queen’s castle.
I’m not sure exactly what it is about the grass surrounding Windsor Castle – proximity to that amount of royalty, potentially – but the resulting burger, served on a toasted brioche bun with mustard mayo, is one of the best I have ever eaten.
You may also want to watch:
Add in the side of very skinny fries (�1.35), haloumi bites served with spicy kiwi fruit and jalapeno sauce (�3.85) and what were, my friend assures me, some of the best battered onion rings in London (�3) – not to mention the friendly service – and you have a meal which you can get royally excited about.
n The Windsor Burger is available until September.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?