Graceless Jose Mourinho mocks Arsenal fans for ‘crying’ – despite Manchester United losing 2-0
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Graceless Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was scathing of Arsenal fans after his side fell to a comprehensive 2-0 defeat against Arsene Wenger’s side today at the Emirates.
The Portuguese boss – who slipped to only his second defeat in 17 games against the long-serving Frenchman – scoffed at supporters of the North London giants.
Speaking after the game he was far from complementary mocking loyal Arsenal fans for ‘crying’ after a number of defeats against Chelsea and United teams led by him.
The former Stamford Bridge coach – who once abused Wenger for being a voyeur – this time turned his fire onto long-suffering Arsenal fans.
He said witheringly and full of sarcasm: “Arsenal fans? I am happy for them.
You may also want to watch:
“Is the first time I leave Highbury and the Emirates and they are happy. Is the first time.
“I left Highbury and they were crying. I left Emirates and they were crying.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
“They were walking the streets with their head low. So finally today they sing and wave scarves. It’s nice for them.” He then went on to reference the fact Arsenal under Wenger have not won the league since 2004.
He said: “It’s a big club. You think I enjoy a big club like Arsenal is not winning big trophies. I’m not enjoying that.
“We lost. I think Arsene Wenger is not a small manager. He is big manager.
“To have to that record [against Wenger] is not normal. But I don’t care [about losing]. Today is no problems.
“We shook hands before the game. We shook hands after the game [but] he puts too much pressure on the fourth official all the time.”
Mourinho was also less than gracious in accepting the comprehensive 2-0 defeat at the Emirates this afternoon after goals from Granit Xhaka and former United man Danny Welbeck sealed the win – severely denting the Old Trafford outfit’s hopes of a top four finish.
He added: “I think we didn’t deserve to lose. I think the game was under control.
“I think in the first half we had a couple of chances and they had a couple of chances – but ours were the big chances of the match.
“I am very happy with my players. They surprised me in a good way.
“Arsenal brought the block low and coped with our attacking football and they did well to keep the advantage.