Guendouzi earns Emery praise after Arsenal youngster stars in win over Villa
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal midfielder Matteo Guendouzi has been lauded by his boss Unai Emery after the youngster helped drag the Gunners to a 3-2 comeback win over Aston Villa at the Emirates on Sunday.
The 20-year-old has impressed so far this season and he shone once again on Sunday, winning the penalty to make it 1-1 as he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.
Emery was quick to praise the Frenchman, saying: "With Matteo, last year when he came here he progressed and he is progressing.
"Really I like that spirit he has, he has talent but above all his attitude, his energy, his commitment and his behaviour.
"He's one player who is angry when he is not playing but I like that.
You may also want to watch:
"I like that player because when they are angry they are asking you to play, when you decide that they play today they know they have a commitment to give what you need and he is one player, he is improving.
"I want to be calm with him, he is humble and continuing improving and growing up with us."
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme