Shop Local: Pop-up brings slow fashion to Islington
- Credit: Siobhan Shanley
A fashion brand has set up a pop-up shop on Upper Street for the whole of December.
h.huna has collaborated with three other independent brands - Elaine Bernstein, I’mdividual and Silke jewellery - to open the store.
Siobhan Shanley, creative director of h.huna, believes customers want to experience Covid-friendly physical retail this year.
She said: “It’s really important for us to meet our customers face to face and gain that valuable feedback. Pop-up shops have been one of the best ways of having those conversations.”
After recent news of large retail group Arcadia going into administration, which owned fashion brands including Topshop, Siobhan believes supporting local businesses is more important than ever: “It has always been a mission to move shoppers away from fast fashion on the high street and tap into the longevity and quality people deserve from garments.
You may also want to watch:
“It is truly rewarding to see how much the shoppers do appreciate the good quality designs we create.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey