Shop Local: Pop-up brings slow fashion to Islington
- Credit: Siobhan Shanley
A fashion brand has set up a pop-up shop on Upper Street for the whole of December.
h.huna has collaborated with three other independent brands - Elaine Bernstein, I’mdividual and Silke jewellery - to open the store.
Siobhan Shanley, creative director of h.huna, believes customers want to experience Covid-friendly physical retail this year.
She said: “It’s really important for us to meet our customers face to face and gain that valuable feedback. Pop-up shops have been one of the best ways of having those conversations.”
After recent news of large retail group Arcadia going into administration, which owned fashion brands including Topshop, Siobhan believes supporting local businesses is more important than ever: “It has always been a mission to move shoppers away from fast fashion on the high street and tap into the longevity and quality people deserve from garments.
You may also want to watch:
“It is truly rewarding to see how much the shoppers do appreciate the good quality designs we create.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension