Haggerston charity to bring Christmas gifts to disadvantaged children
- Credit: Andrew Leo Photography
A Haggerston-based charity is hosting a #dearsecretsanta campaign to brighten Christmas for children across Hackney and Islington.
SkyWay Charity is asking for donations to buy presents for 206 children aged four to 12 years old who would likely go without anything on Christmas Day this year.
As of Tuesday, December 15, the campaign has raised £1,850 of a £3,000 target, which has included an anonymous donation of £300.
The Virgin Money Giving page gives donors six presents to choose, although this is primarily to indicate a price bracket and a range of different presents will be bought with the funds.
Sam Mars, head of fundraising and communications, said certain households are "like a pack of cards, there are finely balanced elements and when disrupted, life can fall down.”
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The idea is to make sure children realise the magic of Christmas. That no matter what else is happening, they can always find a bit of joy.”
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 4 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 5 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients