Hammerton Brewery’s fifth birthday: Barnsbury business invites community to boozy bonanza
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s Hammerton Brewery is inviting the community to celebrate its fifth birthday at a beer drinking bonanza on August 17.
The businesses, in Barnsbury's Roman Way Industrial Estate, will mark five years of brewing with a hot dog eating challenge, live music and guided beer testing.
Staff will also offer tours of the brewery, beer testing and a charity raffle for Freightliners farm, in Paradise Park, which offers inner-city kids a farmyard experience.
Boss Lee Hammerton told the Gazette: "We just want to celebrate it being five years and say thank you to the community for supporting us, and raise as much money as possible for the local charity which is a great resource for young families and kids."
He promised there will be "lots of booze", plus new beers unveiled at the event.
You may also want to watch:
The all-day party will also offer face painting, beer pong and street food.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller