‘Terrifying’ Hatton Garden jewellery heist sees knife-wielding robbers tie worker to chair then steal £70,000
- Credit: Archant
Knife-wielding robbers burst into a Clerkenwell jewellers and tied the worker to a chair before making off with more than £70,000 worth of goods.
Police appealing for information on the "high-value" heist at a Hatton Garden jewellers on March 7 have released images of two suspects they want to trace.
The robbers came calling for the worker's father and, on realising he wasn't there, they pushed and threatened her with a knife - demanding keys to the safe.
They tied her to a chair when she refused then ransacked the building, looting diamonds, rings and other jewels worth about £70,000, plus £4,000 from the till.
Det Cons Alina Blain, leading the investigation, said: "This was a terrifying incident for the victim involved and one which she has to re-live every time she comes to work.
You may also want to watch:
"We are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry and are very keen to speak to these two men or anyone who thinks they may be able to identify them."
Both men are described as being in their 20s to early 30s, white with tanned skin and spoke with a European accent.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
One of the suspects wore a hat and glasses, had a beard and moustache and was of slim build. The other suspect had long brown hair, was clean shaven and of slim build.
Anyone with information should call 101 with CAD reference 3196/07MAR19.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111.