Health centre not saved yet
AS MUCH as we would like to believe the Gazette's headline 'Health Centre is saved' (September 16), there is still no official agreement from the PCT that it will work with the council to accomplish refurbishment and renovation to keep it as a health cent
AS MUCH as we would like to believe the Gazette's headline "Health Centre is saved" (September 16), there is still no official agreement from the PCT that it will work with the council to accomplish refurbishment and renovation to keep it as a health centre.
At the moment it is true the PCT can do nothing but use the building, and it is under pressure from both English Heritage and the council to do immediate repairs.
We've been here before, however. Last year when backed into a corner the PCT started making conciliatory noises in the press only to insist later that the only option it would consider was to move out.
Next Thursday, September 30, at 7.30pm at the Exmouth Market Centre, EC1, the Campaign to Save Finsbury Health Centre is having a meeting about the real options for refurbishing the building to make it "fit for 21st century health care" and the context of the prososed health reforms.
You may also want to watch:
We hope Gazette readers will join us for this important opportunity to find out what the real situation is and make your voice heard. More information on our website www.savefhc.org.uk or from 020 7833 1395. - Barb Jacobson, Campaign for
Finsbury Health Centre, Margery Street, WC1.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting