Bar has ‘put Stoke Newington on the map’ by earning place in prestigious Zagat guide
- Credit: Archant
The bar manager and owner of popular Stoke Newington eaterie Yum Yum are celebrating being featured in world-renowned food and drink guide Zagat.
Based in New York, the publication is considered a bastion of culinary good taste amongst travellers and is set to encourage American visitors to the Stoke Newington High Street restaurant.
Owner Atique Choudhury and bar boss Nish Goorye toasted the inclusions with an old fashioned bourbon cocktail.
Mr Choudhury said: “It’s great to be featured in this guide – which is one of the best in the world for serious food connoisseurs.
“We will now get a lot of people coming here from the United States – purely on the basis of being in Zagat.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing that we can put Stoke Newington on the map like this.”
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?