Bar has ‘put Stoke Newington on the map’ by earning place in prestigious Zagat guide
- Credit: Archant
The bar manager and owner of popular Stoke Newington eaterie Yum Yum are celebrating being featured in world-renowned food and drink guide Zagat.
Based in New York, the publication is considered a bastion of culinary good taste amongst travellers and is set to encourage American visitors to the Stoke Newington High Street restaurant.
Owner Atique Choudhury and bar boss Nish Goorye toasted the inclusions with an old fashioned bourbon cocktail.
Mr Choudhury said: “It’s great to be featured in this guide – which is one of the best in the world for serious food connoisseurs.
“We will now get a lot of people coming here from the United States – purely on the basis of being in Zagat.
“It’s amazing that we can put Stoke Newington on the map like this.”
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op