Bar has ‘put Stoke Newington on the map’ by earning place in prestigious Zagat guide
- Credit: Archant
The bar manager and owner of popular Stoke Newington eaterie Yum Yum are celebrating being featured in world-renowned food and drink guide Zagat.
Based in New York, the publication is considered a bastion of culinary good taste amongst travellers and is set to encourage American visitors to the Stoke Newington High Street restaurant.
Owner Atique Choudhury and bar boss Nish Goorye toasted the inclusions with an old fashioned bourbon cocktail.
Mr Choudhury said: “It’s great to be featured in this guide – which is one of the best in the world for serious food connoisseurs.
“We will now get a lot of people coming here from the United States – purely on the basis of being in Zagat.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing that we can put Stoke Newington on the map like this.”
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party