Bar has ‘put Stoke Newington on the map’ by earning place in prestigious Zagat guide
- Credit: Archant
The bar manager and owner of popular Stoke Newington eaterie Yum Yum are celebrating being featured in world-renowned food and drink guide Zagat.
Based in New York, the publication is considered a bastion of culinary good taste amongst travellers and is set to encourage American visitors to the Stoke Newington High Street restaurant.
Owner Atique Choudhury and bar boss Nish Goorye toasted the inclusions with an old fashioned bourbon cocktail.
Mr Choudhury said: “It’s great to be featured in this guide – which is one of the best in the world for serious food connoisseurs.
“We will now get a lot of people coming here from the United States – purely on the basis of being in Zagat.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing that we can put Stoke Newington on the map like this.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules