Best-selling author Martina Cole backs campaign to encourage reading in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Best selling author Martina Cole has backed a town hall initiative to inspire non-readers into reading.
The Six Book Challenge asks people to read six books and complete a reading diary – with successful challengers entered into a prize draw for an e-reader as well as being given a certificate on July 10, like last year’s successful readers, pictured above.
So far 161 Islington resident’s have completed the six book challenge.
Ms Cole said: “The wonderful thing about the challenge is that people who don’t normally read, or who think that reading isn’t their bag, are encouraged to pick up a book.
“When you read a book you have to picture it all in your own mind.
You may also want to watch:
“No one tells you what you’re seeing or what you should be feeling. That’s the secret of reading – it’s such a personal thing.”
For more information on the Six Book Challenge visit www.islington.gov.uk/libraries
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox