Black cab co-operative Taxiapp UK offers free Christmas rides to Whittington Hospital
- Credit: `Steve Parsons/PA Archive
A London black cab co-operative is offering free rides to Homerton Hospital over Christmas, to support families with loved ones who are ill.
Taxiapp UK will be laying on the free trips on Wednesday.
Sean Paul Day, founding member of the not-for-profit group, which is owned directly by the drivers themselves, said: “We understand Christmas can be challenging for all those with loved ones in hospital so Taxiapp UK want to offer as much support as we can for those travelling to visit family members.
“Our goal is to make transport accessible for all.”
Taxiapp accepts all kinds of passengers, from wheelchair users to those travelling with pets.
You may also want to watch:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up and drop-off details.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'