Black cab co-operative Taxiapp UK offers free Christmas rides to Whittington Hospital
- Credit: `Steve Parsons/PA Archive
A London black cab co-operative is offering free rides to Homerton Hospital over Christmas, to support families with loved ones who are ill.
Taxiapp UK will be laying on the free trips on Wednesday.
Sean Paul Day, founding member of the not-for-profit group, which is owned directly by the drivers themselves, said: “We understand Christmas can be challenging for all those with loved ones in hospital so Taxiapp UK want to offer as much support as we can for those travelling to visit family members.
“Our goal is to make transport accessible for all.”
Taxiapp accepts all kinds of passengers, from wheelchair users to those travelling with pets.
You may also want to watch:
Email email@example.com to arrange pick-up and drop-off details.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting