Busy Finsbury Park junction shut during rush hour after car and scooter collide
- Credit: Archant
A busy junction was shut during this morning’s rush hour after a car and a scooter collided.
Both drivers were rushed to hospital after the incident outside Manor House Tube Station, at the junction of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park at around 6.15am.
The 30-year-old driver of the car suffered a head injury and was taken to the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
The rider of the scooter, thought to be in his 40s, was taken to the same hospital with a suspected broken leg.
Police say neither injury is life-threatening but could be life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
There we no arrests.
Commuters suffered traffic chaos in all directions as the junction was closed until around 9am.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?