Busy Finsbury Park junction shut during rush hour after car and scooter collide
- Credit: Archant
A busy junction was shut during this morning’s rush hour after a car and a scooter collided.
Both drivers were rushed to hospital after the incident outside Manor House Tube Station, at the junction of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park at around 6.15am.
The 30-year-old driver of the car suffered a head injury and was taken to the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
The rider of the scooter, thought to be in his 40s, was taken to the same hospital with a suspected broken leg.
Police say neither injury is life-threatening but could be life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
There we no arrests.
Commuters suffered traffic chaos in all directions as the junction was closed until around 9am.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Overground suspended in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Even better than the real thing? Tribute bands to see in north London before 2022
- 8 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 9 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 10 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack