Busy Finsbury Park junction shut during rush hour after car and scooter collide
- Credit: Archant
A busy junction was shut during this morning’s rush hour after a car and a scooter collided.
Both drivers were rushed to hospital after the incident outside Manor House Tube Station, at the junction of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park at around 6.15am.
The 30-year-old driver of the car suffered a head injury and was taken to the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
The rider of the scooter, thought to be in his 40s, was taken to the same hospital with a suspected broken leg.
Police say neither injury is life-threatening but could be life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
There we no arrests.
Commuters suffered traffic chaos in all directions as the junction was closed until around 9am.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week