Cakes and jams star at Holloway’s bloomin’ marvellous show
- Credit: Archant
Cakes, preserves, bread and vegetables were the stars of a horticultural call to arms.
The Blooming Marvellous Urban Show, at the Paradise Park, off Mckenzie Road, Holloway, on September 8, saw judges pick the finest fruit, plants, teatime fancies, pet photographs, art and crafts from resident’s offerings.
The event took place at the Paradise Park fun day, which saw about 1,500 people enjoy one of the last weekend’s of summer.
Liz McAllister, chief executive of Freightliners Farm, who organise the event, said: “It was great – everyone seemed to have a good time and there were lots of entries.
“The standard was very high indeed.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we will see even more entries next year.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 5 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate