Cakes and jams star at Holloway’s bloomin’ marvellous show
- Credit: Archant
Cakes, preserves, bread and vegetables were the stars of a horticultural call to arms.
The Blooming Marvellous Urban Show, at the Paradise Park, off Mckenzie Road, Holloway, on September 8, saw judges pick the finest fruit, plants, teatime fancies, pet photographs, art and crafts from resident’s offerings.
The event took place at the Paradise Park fun day, which saw about 1,500 people enjoy one of the last weekend’s of summer.
Liz McAllister, chief executive of Freightliners Farm, who organise the event, said: “It was great – everyone seemed to have a good time and there were lots of entries.
“The standard was very high indeed.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we will see even more entries next year.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London