Cakes and jams star at Holloway’s bloomin’ marvellous show
- Credit: Archant
Cakes, preserves, bread and vegetables were the stars of a horticultural call to arms.
The Blooming Marvellous Urban Show, at the Paradise Park, off Mckenzie Road, Holloway, on September 8, saw judges pick the finest fruit, plants, teatime fancies, pet photographs, art and crafts from resident’s offerings.
The event took place at the Paradise Park fun day, which saw about 1,500 people enjoy one of the last weekend’s of summer.
Liz McAllister, chief executive of Freightliners Farm, who organise the event, said: “It was great – everyone seemed to have a good time and there were lots of entries.
“The standard was very high indeed.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we will see even more entries next year.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 9 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'