Cakes and jams star at Holloway’s bloomin’ marvellous show
- Credit: Archant
Cakes, preserves, bread and vegetables were the stars of a horticultural call to arms.
The Blooming Marvellous Urban Show, at the Paradise Park, off Mckenzie Road, Holloway, on September 8, saw judges pick the finest fruit, plants, teatime fancies, pet photographs, art and crafts from resident’s offerings.
The event took place at the Paradise Park fun day, which saw about 1,500 people enjoy one of the last weekend’s of summer.
Liz McAllister, chief executive of Freightliners Farm, who organise the event, said: “It was great – everyone seemed to have a good time and there were lots of entries.
“The standard was very high indeed.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we will see even more entries next year.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green