Celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver announces Finsbury food revolution
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Folk can tuck into a day of food, fun and surprises next week as celebrity chef Jamie Oliver hosts the second annual Food Revolution Day outside his fifteen restaurant in Finsbury.
Taking the form of a street party, Food Revolution Day will have stalls flaunting all manner of delicious snacks and drinks as well as cooking demonstrations from talented chefs.
In addition to providing gourmet delights from around the globe, the day’s deeper message is that of better food education and cooking skills across the globe.
The London event is one of several across the world trying to build awareness of food education, from Argentina to Slovakia, from France to the Philippines.
Mr Oliver said: “For me, Food Revolution Day is all about building better relationships with great food and whether that’s through hosting a big event like a farmers’ market or a small dinner with freshly prepared food, it’s all about giving people knowledge and confidence to cook from fresh ingredients and to make better choices about what they feed themselves and their families.”
You may also want to watch:
Food Revolution Day takes place at Westland Place, Finsbury, on May 17 from 12noon to 10pm.
For more information, visit foodrevolutionday.com
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant