Celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver announces Finsbury food revolution
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Folk can tuck into a day of food, fun and surprises next week as celebrity chef Jamie Oliver hosts the second annual Food Revolution Day outside his fifteen restaurant in Finsbury.
Taking the form of a street party, Food Revolution Day will have stalls flaunting all manner of delicious snacks and drinks as well as cooking demonstrations from talented chefs.
In addition to providing gourmet delights from around the globe, the day’s deeper message is that of better food education and cooking skills across the globe.
The London event is one of several across the world trying to build awareness of food education, from Argentina to Slovakia, from France to the Philippines.
Mr Oliver said: “For me, Food Revolution Day is all about building better relationships with great food and whether that’s through hosting a big event like a farmers’ market or a small dinner with freshly prepared food, it’s all about giving people knowledge and confidence to cook from fresh ingredients and to make better choices about what they feed themselves and their families.”
You may also want to watch:
Food Revolution Day takes place at Westland Place, Finsbury, on May 17 from 12noon to 10pm.
For more information, visit foodrevolutionday.com
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator