Coronavirus: City of London Academy Highgate Hill says there is ‘nothing to worry about’ as staff member self-isolates
- Credit: PA
An Archway secondary school has reassured parents and carers there is nothing to worry about after asking a member of staff to self-isolate.
City of London Academy Highgate Hill, formerly Mount Carmel Catholic College for Girls, wrote to parents and carers on Tuesday informing them that the worker was taking precautions after coming into contact with someone else who was asked to self-isolate.
Principal Prince Gennuh said: 'We have asked a member of staff to self-isolate as a precaution. This is because they have come into contact with an individual who has also been asked to self-isolate.
'They have not presented with any of the specified symptoms.
'Please note we have contacted the Public Health England advice line and they have advised us not to close and to carry on as normal.
You may also want to watch:
'We understand you may have some concerns regarding the development of Covid-19, but we would like to reassure you that students, staff and parents/carers have nothing to worry about at this present time.'
It comes after a parent whose child attends nearby Yerbury Primary School tested positive for coronavirus.
On Thursday last week Cassie Moss confirmed a parent whose child goes to the Foxham Road school has been diagnosed with Covid-19.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
But figures released by Public Health England on Sunday morning making clear there were as yet no recorded cases of Covid-19 in Islington, suggesting the parent.
Check out our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus news from across north London.