Coronavirus: First case of Covid-19 in Islington confirmed
- Credit: PA
The first case of Covid-19 in Islington has been confirmed by Public Health England.
As of 9am yesterday, there was also one person with the new strain of coronavirus living in Haringey, five in Camden and three in Hackney.
But the mayor of Hackney has said at least two of the cases reported in his borough are actually people living in the City.
This comes after City of London Academy Highgate Hill yesterday informed parents a staff member was self-isolating as a precaution.
On Thursday last week the headteacher of Yerbury School confirmed a parent whose kid attends the school has Covid-19 and is self-isolating.
The Premier League match between Arsenal and Manchester City that was due to be played at the Etihad Stadium tonight has been postponed due to Covid-19 fears.
Check out our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus news from across north London.
To stop the spread of Covid-19, Public Health England advises:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze (Catch it, Bin it, Kill it).
- 1 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 7 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 8 'An air fryer is this season's must-have for low-fat recipes'
- 9 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often - use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.