Families join in the fun at Islington health and wellbeing event
- Credit: Archant
Staying healthy doesn’t have to be boring when you live in Islington.
A community fun, health and wellbeing event was held at the New River Green Estate in Canonbury last month hosted by local charity, Help on Your Doorstep, along with the Islington Good Neighbours Scheme.
Val Henney, from Help on Your Doorstep, said: “It was fantastic to see so many residents at the event.
“People of all ages worked together to make the day a success and to make sure that everyone who came felt included and had a good time.”
Free activities were on hand to prove to local residents that healthy living can also be fun and entertaining.
You may also want to watch:
The event, funded by NHS Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), ensured was something for everyone, from bouncy castles to Arsenal penalty shoot-outs and a Zumba demonstration.
Sevgi Govenc, a local resident, said: “We’ve had a really good day and everyone is enjoying themselves but most importantly the kids are happy.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
“It’s also been a great way for us to get to know new people from the local community.”