Families join in the fun at Islington health and wellbeing event
- Credit: Archant
Staying healthy doesn’t have to be boring when you live in Islington.
A community fun, health and wellbeing event was held at the New River Green Estate in Canonbury last month hosted by local charity, Help on Your Doorstep, along with the Islington Good Neighbours Scheme.
Val Henney, from Help on Your Doorstep, said: “It was fantastic to see so many residents at the event.
“People of all ages worked together to make the day a success and to make sure that everyone who came felt included and had a good time.”
Free activities were on hand to prove to local residents that healthy living can also be fun and entertaining.
You may also want to watch:
The event, funded by NHS Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), ensured was something for everyone, from bouncy castles to Arsenal penalty shoot-outs and a Zumba demonstration.
Sevgi Govenc, a local resident, said: “We’ve had a really good day and everyone is enjoying themselves but most importantly the kids are happy.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
“It’s also been a great way for us to get to know new people from the local community.”