Families join in the fun at Islington health and wellbeing event
- Credit: Archant
Staying healthy doesn’t have to be boring when you live in Islington.
A community fun, health and wellbeing event was held at the New River Green Estate in Canonbury last month hosted by local charity, Help on Your Doorstep, along with the Islington Good Neighbours Scheme.
Val Henney, from Help on Your Doorstep, said: “It was fantastic to see so many residents at the event.
“People of all ages worked together to make the day a success and to make sure that everyone who came felt included and had a good time.”
Free activities were on hand to prove to local residents that healthy living can also be fun and entertaining.
You may also want to watch:
The event, funded by NHS Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), ensured was something for everyone, from bouncy castles to Arsenal penalty shoot-outs and a Zumba demonstration.
Sevgi Govenc, a local resident, said: “We’ve had a really good day and everyone is enjoying themselves but most importantly the kids are happy.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
“It’s also been a great way for us to get to know new people from the local community.”