Finsbury boat club helps people find their sea legs
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people found their sea legs at a fun day organised by Islington Boat Club on Saturday.
The event – one of a series of fun days throughout August – gave visitors the chance to hire a pedalo, go on a narrowboat trip, watch a comedy show and listen to live music while munching on barbecue food.
Amber Johnson, a youth worker for the boat club, said: “It all went really well and we were very lucky with the weather. It was a bit windy but basically a beautiful day.
“Each one we have done has been getting busier, and people of all ages from three to 60 were getting involved with the boat races and having a good time.
“It was a big success.”
You may also want to watch:
The final fun day takes place on Saturday at City Road Basin, in Islington, from 11am.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London