Finsbury boat club helps people find their sea legs
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people found their sea legs at a fun day organised by Islington Boat Club on Saturday.
The event – one of a series of fun days throughout August – gave visitors the chance to hire a pedalo, go on a narrowboat trip, watch a comedy show and listen to live music while munching on barbecue food.
Amber Johnson, a youth worker for the boat club, said: “It all went really well and we were very lucky with the weather. It was a bit windy but basically a beautiful day.
“Each one we have done has been getting busier, and people of all ages from three to 60 were getting involved with the boat races and having a good time.
“It was a big success.”
The final fun day takes place on Saturday at City Road Basin, in Islington, from 11am.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 4 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 5 Joanna Lumley, Sanjeev Bhaskar and Gillian Anderson among the stars lined up for Whodunnit
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 8 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event