Finsbury boat club helps people find their sea legs
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people found their sea legs at a fun day organised by Islington Boat Club on Saturday.
The event – one of a series of fun days throughout August – gave visitors the chance to hire a pedalo, go on a narrowboat trip, watch a comedy show and listen to live music while munching on barbecue food.
Amber Johnson, a youth worker for the boat club, said: “It all went really well and we were very lucky with the weather. It was a bit windy but basically a beautiful day.
“Each one we have done has been getting busier, and people of all ages from three to 60 were getting involved with the boat races and having a good time.
“It was a big success.”
You may also want to watch:
The final fun day takes place on Saturday at City Road Basin, in Islington, from 11am.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket