Finsbury Park paedophile caught after six months on the run
A Finsbury Park paedophile has been caught after six months on the run from police.
In May John Arthur Radley, 57, from Green Lanes, was found guilty of 13 sex offences against male and female children.
But he never heard the verdict at Swindon Crown Court as he got away while on police bail before the final day of the trial.
Radley’s disappearance on May 8 sparked a nationwide manhunt. His address was searched without success and his details were circulated to police forces up and down the country.
Then on November 9 he was found and arrested at an address in Stockport, Greater Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said Radley is currently in hospital, but will be brought back to Swindon for sentencing as soon as he is well enough.
They were unable to say why he was in hospital.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'
Pc Lizzie Porter, from the Child Abuse Investigation Team, said that while he had committed some appalling offences, police did not believe he was an immediate threat to the public while on the loose.
Officers are also working with the victims involved, all now adults, to make sure they have support.
Radley was found guilty of 10 counts of sexual activity with a boy, two counts of sexual assault on a girl, attempted rape, committing gross indecency with a child and two counts of indecent assault on a female. He was found not guilty of causing a girl to engage in sexual activity.
The offences took place against children in London, Chippenham and Calne.
He will be sentenced at Swindon Crown Court at a date yet to be decided.