Finsbury Park paedophile caught after six months on the run
A Finsbury Park paedophile has been caught after six months on the run from police.
In May John Arthur Radley, 57, from Green Lanes, was found guilty of 13 sex offences against male and female children.
But he never heard the verdict at Swindon Crown Court as he got away while on police bail before the final day of the trial.
Radley’s disappearance on May 8 sparked a nationwide manhunt. His address was searched without success and his details were circulated to police forces up and down the country.
Then on November 9 he was found and arrested at an address in Stockport, Greater Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said Radley is currently in hospital, but will be brought back to Swindon for sentencing as soon as he is well enough.
They were unable to say why he was in hospital.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
Pc Lizzie Porter, from the Child Abuse Investigation Team, said that while he had committed some appalling offences, police did not believe he was an immediate threat to the public while on the loose.
Officers are also working with the victims involved, all now adults, to make sure they have support.
Radley was found guilty of 10 counts of sexual activity with a boy, two counts of sexual assault on a girl, attempted rape, committing gross indecency with a child and two counts of indecent assault on a female. He was found not guilty of causing a girl to engage in sexual activity.
The offences took place against children in London, Chippenham and Calne.
He will be sentenced at Swindon Crown Court at a date yet to be decided.