General Election delays installation of trampoline park at Sobell Leisure Centre
- Credit: Archant
The installation of a trampoline park at the Sobell Leisure Centre has been delayed because the hall is needed for the General Election count.
Islington Council has asked for the work to be delayed until after the June 8 vote.
GLL, which runs the centre through its management company Better, has apologised for the delay. But the news will put a spring in the step of five-a-side footballers, who will be able to enjoy a few more games before the pitches are removed.
A GLL spokesman said: “Following the recent and sudden announcement that there is to be a General Election in a few weeks’ time, the Sobell Centre is now needed as a counting centre for votes.
“At Islington Council’s request, it has been decided to delay work on installing the trampoline park until after election day.
You may also want to watch:
“GLL and Islington Council apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington