General Election delays installation of trampoline park at Sobell Leisure Centre
- Credit: Archant
The installation of a trampoline park at the Sobell Leisure Centre has been delayed because the hall is needed for the General Election count.
Islington Council has asked for the work to be delayed until after the June 8 vote.
GLL, which runs the centre through its management company Better, has apologised for the delay. But the news will put a spring in the step of five-a-side footballers, who will be able to enjoy a few more games before the pitches are removed.
A GLL spokesman said: “Following the recent and sudden announcement that there is to be a General Election in a few weeks’ time, the Sobell Centre is now needed as a counting centre for votes.
“At Islington Council’s request, it has been decided to delay work on installing the trampoline park until after election day.
You may also want to watch:
“GLL and Islington Council apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream