Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- Credit: PA
North London boroughs have seen an increase in positive Covid tests, with Hackney reporting a 176.5 per cent rise.
The news comes as Health Secretary Matt Hancock stated this afternoon (Monday, June 7) that 25-29 year olds will be able to book their vaccination from tomorrow.
He told MPs this afternoon: “For anyone in their late 20s, or anyone else who feels they are unlikely to die from Covid, the best way for us to get our freedoms back and to get back to normal is for everybody to come forward and get the jab.
“It really matters that we all come forward and do this as this is the safest way out.”
In Hackney, 141 people tested positive from May 31 to June 6, a 176.5 per cent increase from the previous seven days.
You may also want to watch:
For Islington, 108 tested positive in the same time period, an 86.2 per cent increase.
For Hampstead, which is covered by the Barnet postcode, 111 people had a confirmed positive test result. This shows an increase of 122 per cent.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
And for Kilburn, 172 people had a confirmed positive test result. This shows an increase of 45.8 per cent.