Headspins at Sadler’s Wells in Islington
THE UK’s premier festival of hip hop dance theatre returns to Islington this month.
Breakin’ Convention, now in it’s eighth year, headspins into Sadler’s Wells, Finsbury, over the bank holiday weekend from April 30.
An international line up of breakdance heavyweights is set to grace the theatre’s famous stage, including dancers from Denmark, Uganda, Korea, the USA and our own shores.
In addition, a Japanese robot named Ashigaru will appear on the Sunday as part of the Human Robot multimedia show.
The festival also features a series of workshops running alongside the performances, for people who want to get involved themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Jonzi D, artistic director of Breakin’ Convention, said: “I am so excited about the Breakin’ Convention festival this year, there is a total of 178 UK and international performers coming together for the event. International highlights include the freshest new dance style out of Chicago, an actual robot called Ashigaru performing onstage and flesh eating b-boys from Uganda. We also have the best of British including a return to the BC stage of the mighty Boy Blue Entertainment.”
Since it began in 2004, breaking convention has showcased a total of more than 3030 performers to a combined audience of 70,000.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 8 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 9 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?