Headspins at Sadler’s Wells in Islington
THE UK’s premier festival of hip hop dance theatre returns to Islington this month.
Breakin’ Convention, now in it’s eighth year, headspins into Sadler’s Wells, Finsbury, over the bank holiday weekend from April 30.
An international line up of breakdance heavyweights is set to grace the theatre’s famous stage, including dancers from Denmark, Uganda, Korea, the USA and our own shores.
In addition, a Japanese robot named Ashigaru will appear on the Sunday as part of the Human Robot multimedia show.
The festival also features a series of workshops running alongside the performances, for people who want to get involved themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Jonzi D, artistic director of Breakin’ Convention, said: “I am so excited about the Breakin’ Convention festival this year, there is a total of 178 UK and international performers coming together for the event. International highlights include the freshest new dance style out of Chicago, an actual robot called Ashigaru performing onstage and flesh eating b-boys from Uganda. We also have the best of British including a return to the BC stage of the mighty Boy Blue Entertainment.”
Since it began in 2004, breaking convention has showcased a total of more than 3030 performers to a combined audience of 70,000.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story