Highbury charity director gets gong for services to families
Penny Mansfield, director of relationships charity OnePlusOne, has been made a CBE for services to children and families.
Ms Mansfield, who lives in Highbury, has been head of the Farringdon-based organisation since 1996.
OnePlusOne aims to strengthen relationships by creating resources that help families and frontline workers tackle relationship issues before they become too problematic.
Ms Mansfield is a researcher specialising in couple and family relationships and has devoted much of her career to deriving simple insights from research. She also developed the concept behind thecoupleconnection.net, the charity’s online relationship support network, which helped increase the number of people who have access to OnePlusOne’s services.
Ms Mansfield said: “I am so pleased to receive the recognition for the work of the organisation that I run. OnePlusOne does amazing work and during the last 10 years has reached so many people by really getting the services online.
“It’s wonderful news for the organisation and the team, because you can never do that kind of work without a good team and ours is fantastic.”
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 3 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 8 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas