Holloway mental health project celebrates 20 years of supporting the community
- Credit: Paul Thoma
A community mental health project celebrated its 20th anniversary this week with an evening of merriment and special guests.
The Stress Project is a low cost holistic treatment provided by the Holloway Neighbourhood Group to those with stress related illnesses and mental health problems.
Mayor of Islington, Cllr Teresa Debono, and MP for Islington North, Jeremy Corbyn joined in with the festivities to celebrate this landmark event for the charity.
Chief executive of the Holloway Neighbourhood Group, Lucy Bingham, said: “The Stress Project’s success is that it is community based and it is an incredibly friendly and warm place to visit.
“People feel very comfortable here and they often bring their friends along.”
You may also want to watch:
The project relies on volunteers to help provide the treatments necessary for their clients and throughout the day free treatments and demonstrations were offered to medical professionals who could be interested in helping out.
“I think the need for this is even greater now than it was when we were starting out 20 years ago,” Ms Bingham explained.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
“We were lucky that we were able to survive the economic down turn so now we want to expand and support more people.”
For more information on the Stress Project and to find out what support they offer visit www.hng.org.uk.