Islington apprentice first to graduate from prestigious optician scheme
- Credit: Archant
Chloe Few, 19 will continue to work at the Vision Express store in Oxford Street after graduating
A teenager has been one of the first to graduate from a optician chain’s new apprenticeship programme.
Chloe Few, 19, from Islington, qualified from the Vision Express apprenticeship programme with a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health (Optical Retail) at a celebratory graduation ceremony held for 13 graduates at the company’s Nottingham head office.
The highly competitive scheme which accepted its first trainees in February 2014, is the equivalent of five GCSEs and will continue to employ Chloe at the Oxford Street branch of the company.
Chloe said: “I chose the apprenticeship because it allowed me to gain valuable experience while I was working, so I’m earning and learning.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first job that has built my self-confidence and helped me gain knowledge in helping customers with their eye health.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller