Islington apprentice first to graduate from prestigious optician scheme
- Credit: Archant
Chloe Few, 19 will continue to work at the Vision Express store in Oxford Street after graduating
A teenager has been one of the first to graduate from a optician chain’s new apprenticeship programme.
Chloe Few, 19, from Islington, qualified from the Vision Express apprenticeship programme with a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health (Optical Retail) at a celebratory graduation ceremony held for 13 graduates at the company’s Nottingham head office.
The highly competitive scheme which accepted its first trainees in February 2014, is the equivalent of five GCSEs and will continue to employ Chloe at the Oxford Street branch of the company.
Chloe said: “I chose the apprenticeship because it allowed me to gain valuable experience while I was working, so I’m earning and learning.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first job that has built my self-confidence and helped me gain knowledge in helping customers with their eye health.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey