Islington community centre becomes Covid-19 vaccination site
- Credit: Damien Brown
A community centre in Islington has opened as a vaccination site.
From yesterday, The Arc Community Centre on the Packington Estate will be used to give people in Islington the Covid-19 jab amid the ongoing pandemic.
Thousands of people are expected to be invited to the centre and immunised against the virus.
Manager Damien Brown said NHS Islington CCG asked him whether the centre could be used.
“The pandemic has really affected the local community. The Arc Community Centre is helping residents from both sides," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Not only are we operating a foodbank, but the community centre is supporting the vaccination programme. I couldn’t be prouder.”
Arc is managed by the Hyde Group, and Hyde's successful places manager, Safia Noor, said: "It’s a great space, used and loved by so many Islington residents. The team there are exceptional, their relationships with residents and the services they offer have supported so many people during the pandemic and this has been invaluable to the local community and Hyde.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Residents must be invited for an appointment to receive a vaccination.