Islington community centre becomes Covid-19 vaccination site
- Credit: Damien Brown
A community centre in Islington has opened as a vaccination site.
From yesterday, The Arc Community Centre on the Packington Estate will be used to give people in Islington the Covid-19 jab amid the ongoing pandemic.
Thousands of people are expected to be invited to the centre and immunised against the virus.
Manager Damien Brown said NHS Islington CCG asked him whether the centre could be used.
“The pandemic has really affected the local community. The Arc Community Centre is helping residents from both sides," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Not only are we operating a foodbank, but the community centre is supporting the vaccination programme. I couldn’t be prouder.”
Arc is managed by the Hyde Group, and Hyde's successful places manager, Safia Noor, said: "It’s a great space, used and loved by so many Islington residents. The team there are exceptional, their relationships with residents and the services they offer have supported so many people during the pandemic and this has been invaluable to the local community and Hyde.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
Residents must be invited for an appointment to receive a vaccination.