Islington care home wins national award
- Credit: Archant
An Islington care home has won a national award.
Care UK’s Muriel Street home has bagged Best for Sporting, Social or Leisure Activities at the Care Home Awards 2020, which took place virtually this year.
Judges praised Muriel Street’s activity programme, which includes clubs such as cooking and gardening.
Lifestyle lead and dementia champion Fieona Connolly also set up intergenerational relationships programmes with two schools and reached out to the cast of West End show School of Rock, who performed at the home before lockdown.
Fieona thanked the team, adding: “It was important for me to create a homely feel while making sure residents get the most out of any activity we organise.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom Parry, Muriel Street home manager, said: “In just over a year, Fieona has helped to truly transform the home for the better, and we’re proud to call ourselves resident-led.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham