Islington care home wins national award
- Credit: Archant
An Islington care home has won a national award.
Care UK’s Muriel Street home has bagged Best for Sporting, Social or Leisure Activities at the Care Home Awards 2020, which took place virtually this year.
Judges praised Muriel Street’s activity programme, which includes clubs such as cooking and gardening.
Lifestyle lead and dementia champion Fieona Connolly also set up intergenerational relationships programmes with two schools and reached out to the cast of West End show School of Rock, who performed at the home before lockdown.
Fieona thanked the team, adding: “It was important for me to create a homely feel while making sure residents get the most out of any activity we organise.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom Parry, Muriel Street home manager, said: “In just over a year, Fieona has helped to truly transform the home for the better, and we’re proud to call ourselves resident-led.”
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?