Islington girl in last 24 to be TV advert star
A 12-year-old from Holloway was picked from 24,000 entrants and is in the final 24 to be the face of a TV advertising campaign.
Ronni Lee Wood, from Hilldrop Crescent, received more than 400 votes when her picture was uploaded to Facebook as part of children’s medicine Calpol’s search for a new star.
After making it to the final group, Ronni Lee was given a professional make-over and then asked to perform in front of judges, who will pick the three winners at the end of the week.
Claire George, Ronnie Lee’s mum, said: “She has been so excited, absolutely moon-beaming about. The audition was brilliant, she got so much pampering, it was really exciting.
“Ever since the photo went up it has been manic. I have eat, slept and breathed Calpol trying to get everyone to vote for Ronni Lee. It has been hard work, but great fun as well. Now we are just waiting to hear if she makes the last three, so fingers crossed.”
You may also want to watch:
Ronni Lee has some form in competitions, having won the Gazette’s Top Tot’s competition eight years ago.
- 1 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 2 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 3 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 6 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans