Islington girl in last 24 to be TV advert star
A 12-year-old from Holloway was picked from 24,000 entrants and is in the final 24 to be the face of a TV advertising campaign.
Ronni Lee Wood, from Hilldrop Crescent, received more than 400 votes when her picture was uploaded to Facebook as part of children’s medicine Calpol’s search for a new star.
After making it to the final group, Ronni Lee was given a professional make-over and then asked to perform in front of judges, who will pick the three winners at the end of the week.
Claire George, Ronnie Lee’s mum, said: “She has been so excited, absolutely moon-beaming about. The audition was brilliant, she got so much pampering, it was really exciting.
“Ever since the photo went up it has been manic. I have eat, slept and breathed Calpol trying to get everyone to vote for Ronni Lee. It has been hard work, but great fun as well. Now we are just waiting to hear if she makes the last three, so fingers crossed.”
You may also want to watch:
Ronni Lee has some form in competitions, having won the Gazette’s Top Tot’s competition eight years ago.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed