Islington girl in last 24 to be TV advert star
A 12-year-old from Holloway was picked from 24,000 entrants and is in the final 24 to be the face of a TV advertising campaign.
Ronni Lee Wood, from Hilldrop Crescent, received more than 400 votes when her picture was uploaded to Facebook as part of children’s medicine Calpol’s search for a new star.
After making it to the final group, Ronni Lee was given a professional make-over and then asked to perform in front of judges, who will pick the three winners at the end of the week.
Claire George, Ronnie Lee’s mum, said: “She has been so excited, absolutely moon-beaming about. The audition was brilliant, she got so much pampering, it was really exciting.
“Ever since the photo went up it has been manic. I have eat, slept and breathed Calpol trying to get everyone to vote for Ronni Lee. It has been hard work, but great fun as well. Now we are just waiting to hear if she makes the last three, so fingers crossed.”
Ronni Lee has some form in competitions, having won the Gazette’s Top Tot’s competition eight years ago.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021