Islington GPs come together to host flu jab clinics
- Credit: Archant
GPs in Islington are working together to host large flu jab clinics amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Islington GP Federation has brought together practices around the borough to put on the vaccination clinics at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium and City and Islington College.
Thousands of vulnerable patients have already received their injection, which protects against the seasonal virus.
READ MORE: Report reveals 98 per cent of Camden and Islington NHS Prevent referrals are ‘false positive’The venues are being provided for free through Islington’s Fairer Together partnership, with stewards from community organisations such as Manor Gardens Welfare Trust and Voluntary Action Islington.
In a statement, the Islington GP Federation said: “Flu can be a very dangerous infection. Every year the GPs and pharmacists of Islington vaccinate tens of thousands of those most at risk.
“It’s always a challenge, but this year, it was going to be even more difficult in the midst of the global pandemic with new rules around social distancing. That’s where the Islington GP Federation came in.”
You may also want to watch:
The clinic is by invitation only - eligible people will receive a text message with a link to an online booking system.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 6 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash