Islington Pensioners Forum: ‘There is a crisis in social care’
- Credit: Archant
Islington Pensioners Forum has launched a petition calling for the government to give the council more money to provide social care.
The group called a meeting in the town hall last night in response to what it billed as a “crisis in social care”.
Secretary Dot Gibson said: “We are speaking on behalf of people finding it more and more difficult to have their say.
“I live in sheltered accommodation. I see carers come to see their client at 9am, and they’ll be back in the evening at 9pm. What sort of working day is that? This is what is happening, and we have to understand what that means.
“It’s about time we start exchanging our understanding and experiences.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit islingtonpensionersforum.co.uk
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir