Islington Pensioners Forum: ‘There is a crisis in social care’
- Credit: Archant
Islington Pensioners Forum has launched a petition calling for the government to give the council more money to provide social care.
The group called a meeting in the town hall last night in response to what it billed as a “crisis in social care”.
Secretary Dot Gibson said: “We are speaking on behalf of people finding it more and more difficult to have their say.
“I live in sheltered accommodation. I see carers come to see their client at 9am, and they’ll be back in the evening at 9pm. What sort of working day is that? This is what is happening, and we have to understand what that means.
“It’s about time we start exchanging our understanding and experiences.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit islingtonpensionersforum.co.uk
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington