Islington’s medical heroes set to be recognised in new awards ceremony
- Credit: Getty Images
Unsung medical heroes in Islington will be recognised with an awards ceremony for the first time.
The public are invited to nominate nurses, care teams and midwives who provide outstanding care to the borough’s population in the inaugural Islington Nurses Awards.
Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has launched the awards to honour the valuable work that nurses do across the community.
Dr Gillian Greenhough, chairman of Islington CCG, said: “The Islington Nurses Awards will celebrate the excellent work of nurses, care teams and midwives in Islington, who sometimes receive little recognition for their contribution.
“Nurses today take on lots of responsibility for patient care and often face very challenging situations. We want local people to get involved and nominate people who provide great care.
“If you know of a nurse, midwife or care team that gives excellent care and you feel has gone above and beyond, then this is your opportunity to let us know. Nominate today and tell us how they have helped you.”
Nurses, care teams and midwives who work in many places including schools, GP surgeries, care homes, children’s centres, hospices, community clinics, prisons, hospitals and your home can be nominated for an award.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 6 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 7 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
Visit www.islingtonccg.nhs.uk/awards to nominate, of collect a form from your GP surgery, pharmacy or library.
Nominations need to be received by Monday 17 June 2013.