Islington’s medical heroes set to be recognised in new awards ceremony
- Credit: Getty Images
Unsung medical heroes in Islington will be recognised with an awards ceremony for the first time.
The public are invited to nominate nurses, care teams and midwives who provide outstanding care to the borough’s population in the inaugural Islington Nurses Awards.
Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has launched the awards to honour the valuable work that nurses do across the community.
Dr Gillian Greenhough, chairman of Islington CCG, said: “The Islington Nurses Awards will celebrate the excellent work of nurses, care teams and midwives in Islington, who sometimes receive little recognition for their contribution.
“Nurses today take on lots of responsibility for patient care and often face very challenging situations. We want local people to get involved and nominate people who provide great care.
You may also want to watch:
“If you know of a nurse, midwife or care team that gives excellent care and you feel has gone above and beyond, then this is your opportunity to let us know. Nominate today and tell us how they have helped you.”
Nurses, care teams and midwives who work in many places including schools, GP surgeries, care homes, children’s centres, hospices, community clinics, prisons, hospitals and your home can be nominated for an award.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
Visit www.islingtonccg.nhs.uk/awards to nominate, of collect a form from your GP surgery, pharmacy or library.
Nominations need to be received by Monday 17 June 2013.