Islington’s medical heroes set to be recognised in new awards ceremony
- Credit: Getty Images
Unsung medical heroes in Islington will be recognised with an awards ceremony for the first time.
The public are invited to nominate nurses, care teams and midwives who provide outstanding care to the borough’s population in the inaugural Islington Nurses Awards.
Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has launched the awards to honour the valuable work that nurses do across the community.
Dr Gillian Greenhough, chairman of Islington CCG, said: “The Islington Nurses Awards will celebrate the excellent work of nurses, care teams and midwives in Islington, who sometimes receive little recognition for their contribution.
“Nurses today take on lots of responsibility for patient care and often face very challenging situations. We want local people to get involved and nominate people who provide great care.
“If you know of a nurse, midwife or care team that gives excellent care and you feel has gone above and beyond, then this is your opportunity to let us know. Nominate today and tell us how they have helped you.”
Nurses, care teams and midwives who work in many places including schools, GP surgeries, care homes, children’s centres, hospices, community clinics, prisons, hospitals and your home can be nominated for an award.
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 4 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 5 Islington school praised for celebrating 'difference and diversity'
- 6 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 7 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 8 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 9 Islington Council remains tight-lipped over new LTN around Upper Street
- 10 Project helps to integrate Black women into Caledonian community
Visit www.islingtonccg.nhs.uk/awards to nominate, of collect a form from your GP surgery, pharmacy or library.
Nominations need to be received by Monday 17 June 2013.