Islington sees lowest cumulative coronavirus case rate in London
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Islington has the lowest cumulative rate per 100,000 people of coronavirus cases in London.
At a Policy and Performance Scrutiny Committee on July 2, Islington Council confirmed as of June 26, there had been 541 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the borough.
This is 226 per 100,000 people – the lowest in London.
Islington’s chief executive Linzi Roberts-Egan said the authority, along with Camden Council, has been asked to be a positive case study informing the UK’s plan going forward.
She said: “The success to date in Islington and Camden has been an enormous effort from many parties, the council included and our partners, but most of all our residents.”
You may also want to watch:
The number of Covid-related deaths in the borough peaked from April 4-10 at 42.
“We had thought, given how densely populated we are, that our risk would be higher, so the mitigations and actions we have taken have had to address those individual contexts,” she added.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder