Islington sees lowest cumulative coronavirus case rate in London
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Islington has the lowest cumulative rate per 100,000 people of coronavirus cases in London.
At a Policy and Performance Scrutiny Committee on July 2, Islington Council confirmed as of June 26, there had been 541 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the borough.
This is 226 per 100,000 people – the lowest in London.
Islington’s chief executive Linzi Roberts-Egan said the authority, along with Camden Council, has been asked to be a positive case study informing the UK’s plan going forward.
She said: “The success to date in Islington and Camden has been an enormous effort from many parties, the council included and our partners, but most of all our residents.”
You may also want to watch:
The number of Covid-related deaths in the borough peaked from April 4-10 at 42.
“We had thought, given how densely populated we are, that our risk would be higher, so the mitigations and actions we have taken have had to address those individual contexts,” she added.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 How much do you know about Islington?
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 7 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 8 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'