Islington sees lowest cumulative coronavirus case rate in London
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Islington has the lowest cumulative rate per 100,000 people of coronavirus cases in London.
At a Policy and Performance Scrutiny Committee on July 2, Islington Council confirmed as of June 26, there had been 541 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the borough.
This is 226 per 100,000 people – the lowest in London.
Islington’s chief executive Linzi Roberts-Egan said the authority, along with Camden Council, has been asked to be a positive case study informing the UK’s plan going forward.
She said: “The success to date in Islington and Camden has been an enormous effort from many parties, the council included and our partners, but most of all our residents.”
You may also want to watch:
The number of Covid-related deaths in the borough peaked from April 4-10 at 42.
“We had thought, given how densely populated we are, that our risk would be higher, so the mitigations and actions we have taken have had to address those individual contexts,” she added.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir