Joseph Burke-Monerville shooting: Two teens arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers were arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday following the fatal shooting of Joseph Burke-Monerville.
The 17-year-old and 19-year-old, both male, were taken to a north London police station and bailed until early June pending further enquires.
It brings the total number of arrests in connection with the killing in February to five; on May 2 police arrested an 18, 19 and 25-year-old also on suspicion of murder. All have since been released on police bail.
Mr Burke Monerville, form Canonbury, was shot in the head while sitting in a parked car in Clapton in front of his twin and older brothers.
He was buried after an emotional service attended by more than 100 family, friends and well-wishers last week.
You may also want to watch:
His family, who are Nigerian royalty, last week revealed his older brother Trevor had been stabbed to death in 1994.
Police continue to appeal for information on two suspects seen running from the scene after Mr Burke-Monerville was shot. The first is black, and the second is light-skinned – possibly of Asian or Turkish appearance. They were seen making off on foot from Hindrey Road after the shooting, heading towards the nearby Pembury Estate.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Anyone with information call police on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.