Keen teens receive Islington health awards
- Credit: Archant
Teenagers have received awards for their part in shaping the future of the borough’s youth-focused health services.
During the ‘You’re Welcome’ project, the 12 to 19-year-olds became ‘Young Assessors’ to gauge how friendly health services are towards younger people.
This year the youngsters assessed ten services, including mental health and sexual health services, children’s centres and pharmacies, as part of Dr Katie Coleman’s project, who is vice chair of Islington’s new Clinical Commissioning Group – the body which commissions healthcare for the borough.
The keen teens then used mystery shoppers, telephone calls and review websites to make recommendations for service development and decide which of the services should be awarded ‘You’re Welcome’ approval.
Six services – The Brandon Centre, Community CAMHS, New River Green Children’s Centre, Packington Children’s Centre and two Clockwork Pharmacies on Caledonian Road – have been awarded the accreditation to show they provide a ‘young people friendly’ service.
You may also want to watch:
The Young Assessors have also been involved throughout the redesign of the reception area and publicity materials at Pulse N7 – Islington’s sexual health hub – and will be supporting CAMHS to improve their waiting area and information for young people.
They have also been involved in recruitment panels and training for CAMHS clinicians and focus groups around young people’s health issues.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening