Mental health patient falls through window at Whittington Hospital injuring someone’s visiting family member
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A mental health patient at the Whittington climbed onto the roof and fell through the window of a ward, injuring another patient’s family member.
The shocking incident is one of four “serious incidents” that took place at the Archway hospital in November and is being investigated.
It came after the patient absconded from the emergency department before being admitted. They and the other patient’s relative were both left with cuts and lacerations.
Also that month a patient who had been sectioned absconded from a ward while staff were dealing with another person. They have still not been found.
Another patient died after deteriorating following an elective surgery for a giant hiatus hernia. The other serious incident was a stillbirth.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Whittington Health NHS Trust said: “We are currently investigating these incidents and will ensure any necessary lessons are learned.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers