Mental health patient falls through window at Whittington Hospital injuring someone’s visiting family member
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A mental health patient at the Whittington climbed onto the roof and fell through the window of a ward, injuring another patient’s family member.
The shocking incident is one of four “serious incidents” that took place at the Archway hospital in November and is being investigated.
It came after the patient absconded from the emergency department before being admitted. They and the other patient’s relative were both left with cuts and lacerations.
Also that month a patient who had been sectioned absconded from a ward while staff were dealing with another person. They have still not been found.
Another patient died after deteriorating following an elective surgery for a giant hiatus hernia. The other serious incident was a stillbirth.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Whittington Health NHS Trust said: “We are currently investigating these incidents and will ensure any necessary lessons are learned.”
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant