New Year baby joy for Archway couple
Diyako Akbari was the first of three babies born at the Whittington Hospital in the New Year.
The boy was welcomed into the world by his parents, Ali Akbari, 41, and Fang-Fang Akbari, 33, at 7.14am.
His father Mr Akbari, who is originally from Iran, said: “We chose the name Diyako because he was a Persian King.
“It’s a very old name and there aren’t many people with it in this generation.”
The couple who have been together for 10 years and married last year live in Girdlestone Walk in Archway.
You may also want to watch:
Diyako is their first child.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos