New Year baby joy for Archway couple
Diyako Akbari was the first of three babies born at the Whittington Hospital in the New Year.
The boy was welcomed into the world by his parents, Ali Akbari, 41, and Fang-Fang Akbari, 33, at 7.14am.
His father Mr Akbari, who is originally from Iran, said: “We chose the name Diyako because he was a Persian King.
“It’s a very old name and there aren’t many people with it in this generation.”
The couple who have been together for 10 years and married last year live in Girdlestone Walk in Archway.
You may also want to watch:
Diyako is their first child.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening