Owner predicts bright future for King’s Cross venue
A hint of former clubbing glory has returned to King’s Cross as a new venue begins to beat its drum across the capital.
The Star of Kings, in York Way, formerly the Cross Kings, opened in December and with its top of the range Funktion One sound system and eclectic entertainment, it is beginning to cause a stir among London’s revellers.
King’s Cross used to boast several popular clubs, including The Cross, Egg, Canvas (formerly Bagleys), and The Keys, all within walking distance of each other.
The area was considered something of a clubbing mecca, but three of the clubs were closed to make way for King’s Cross Central, at the time the largest urban regeneration in Europe, and partygoers started heading elsewhere.
Now, The Star of Kings is aiming to reverse the trend, starting on Saturday, when the first ever Bagleys reunion is taking place in the venue’s “rave cave”.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Hives, owner of the bar, who made his name with the Star of Bethnal Green venue and Mulletover nights, said: “The days of thousands of people heading to the Goods Yard on the weekend to go to Bagleys or The Cross are long gone.
“I’d like to think that we can offer really good quality entertainment in a more intimate setting, perhaps appealing to those people who went to those clubs in their heyday, but would now like to have a nice bite to eat and a bottle of wine before going downstairs and dancing in a space with good air-conditioning and an amazing sound system.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
“I think with the current developments in King’s Cross, the area will only improve over the next few years, and will be a really exciting and diverse place to do business.”
With a live stage, comedy nights, lunchtime offers, VIP areas, cocktails and an upstairs banqueting hall, the Star of Kings is well placed to take advantage of both the past and future of King’s Cross.
n For more details, email email@example.com or go to http://starofkings.co.uk/