Photographer launches crowdfunder to spotlight Whittington Hospital’s frontline staff in book
- Credit: Archant
A photographer who captured Whittington Hospital at the height of the pandemic is publishing a photo book, with royalties going to the hospital’s charity.
Slater King photographed and interviewed the hospital’s frontline staff, documenting life at the heart of a Covid hospital during the pandemic’s first wave.
He is now using crowdfunding website Kickstarter to launch the photo-series as a book, featuring three Portrait of Britain Award-winning photographs.
Slater said: “What we see is a testament to the dedication and compassion of the staff.
“We hear in their own words the incredible hardships they bear and the lengths they go to in caring for their patients with skill and kindness.”
You may also want to watch:
NHS staff suffered more casualties in the first six months of the pandemic than the British armed forces during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined.
If the funding target is reached, nearly 25 per cent of sales will be given to the Whittington Hospital Charitable Funds, ring-fenced to improve the working lives of staff.
Visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slaterking/helpthehospital/ to support the campaign.
- 1 Covid rule warning issued after spate of parties in Islington
- 2 ‘Absolute disgrace’: Heating and hot water issues plague two estates
- 3 NOcado campaign: Ocado brings High Court challenge
- 4 Wild venison served at food bank to mark Food Waste Action Week 2021
- 5 Junction Road collision: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- 6 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Group install interactive art project along New River Walk
- 8 Islington psychiatrist named in list of inspirational women
- 9 WATCH: Get involved with UK's inaugural Food Waste Action Week 2021
- 10 ‘Behind the Badge’: Meet Highbury East’s neighbourhood officer