Rare pregnancy condition cost Newington Green mum her son
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum is raising awareness of a rare condition that cost her baby son’s life in February.
Brooke Saunders, 25, has launched “Awareness for Kody” to highlight pre-eclampsia, a pregnancy complication which causes high blood pressure and organ damage.
Kody died at just seven months after battling lung disease and hypertension, which was putting pressure on his heart.
“It was the most frightening experience of my life,” said Brooke, who was forced to have Kody at 27 weeks after her about of preclampsia threatened to kill them both.
“I was getting really bad headaches and pain in my chest, swollen feet, swollen hands and a swollen face.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m trying to get it out there because you think putting on weight, swelling, headaches, being tired, aches and pains are normal.”
For more about Brooke’s campaign, visit facebook.com/AwarenessForKody
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington