Rare pregnancy condition cost Newington Green mum her son
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum is raising awareness of a rare condition that cost her baby son’s life in February.
Brooke Saunders, 25, has launched “Awareness for Kody” to highlight pre-eclampsia, a pregnancy complication which causes high blood pressure and organ damage.
Kody died at just seven months after battling lung disease and hypertension, which was putting pressure on his heart.
“It was the most frightening experience of my life,” said Brooke, who was forced to have Kody at 27 weeks after her about of preclampsia threatened to kill them both.
“I was getting really bad headaches and pain in my chest, swollen feet, swollen hands and a swollen face.
“I’m trying to get it out there because you think putting on weight, swelling, headaches, being tired, aches and pains are normal.”
For more about Brooke’s campaign, visit facebook.com/AwarenessForKody
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 6 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 7 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 8 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 9 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids