Rare pregnancy condition cost Newington Green mum her son
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum is raising awareness of a rare condition that cost her baby son’s life in February.
Brooke Saunders, 25, has launched “Awareness for Kody” to highlight pre-eclampsia, a pregnancy complication which causes high blood pressure and organ damage.
Kody died at just seven months after battling lung disease and hypertension, which was putting pressure on his heart.
“It was the most frightening experience of my life,” said Brooke, who was forced to have Kody at 27 weeks after her about of preclampsia threatened to kill them both.
“I was getting really bad headaches and pain in my chest, swollen feet, swollen hands and a swollen face.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m trying to get it out there because you think putting on weight, swelling, headaches, being tired, aches and pains are normal.”
For more about Brooke’s campaign, visit facebook.com/AwarenessForKody
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Children's adventure book inspired by retired greyhounds