Rare pregnancy condition cost Newington Green mum her son
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum is raising awareness of a rare condition that cost her baby son’s life in February.
Brooke Saunders, 25, has launched “Awareness for Kody” to highlight pre-eclampsia, a pregnancy complication which causes high blood pressure and organ damage.
Kody died at just seven months after battling lung disease and hypertension, which was putting pressure on his heart.
“It was the most frightening experience of my life,” said Brooke, who was forced to have Kody at 27 weeks after her about of preclampsia threatened to kill them both.
“I was getting really bad headaches and pain in my chest, swollen feet, swollen hands and a swollen face.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m trying to get it out there because you think putting on weight, swelling, headaches, being tired, aches and pains are normal.”
For more about Brooke’s campaign, visit facebook.com/AwarenessForKody
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking