6 ways to build the ideal home workout space
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
What better way to kickstart your new workout routine than from the comfort of your own home?
Sacha from widilo.co.uk shares his top tips for building an ideal home gym that can fit in any room of your home and how to save money as you do it.
1. Decide where to set up your home gym
Do you have a spare room you want to put to better use? If not, use this as a chance to declutter and clear a corner in your living room or bedroom.
Use widilo.co.uk to find deals on lighting, plants and décor to complete the space.
You may also want to watch:
“You should keep your workout area light and airy. Added lighting will help energise you and plants will increase the oxygen level. Both can improve the quality of your workout,” Sacha said.
2. Find the equipment you need
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 5 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 6 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
Find savings on benches and racks to store kettlebells and weights.
Find deals from suppliers like Ali Express to save money on resistance bands and weight sets to train your upper body and improve your strength. You can also find savings on cross-trainers and treadmills to help you increase your stamina and cardiovascular fitness.
“It’s good to vary your workout and rotate the areas of your body that you exercise, to prevent strain or injury,” Sacha explained.
3. Safety-proof your gym
Investing in a water bottle that can hold more liquid will help you stay hydrated throughout your workout. Training gloves and belt can offer you extra support and grip if you intend to lift heavier amounts.
If you plan to try out yoga or Pilates, a floor mat can help ease the stress these exercises can put on your knees and back.
At Widilo you can find savings from a range of retailers to ensure you have the correct equipment to workout safely.
4. Choose the right sportswear
Investing in the right workout wear, that’s breathable and lightweight can help you work out for longer and make the most of your training. Explore widilo.co.uk to find deals from retailers like Adidas and JD Sports.
“Widilo.co.uk makes it easy to find all the best deals in one place. Spend less time looking around and more time shopping for the product you want,” Sacha said.
5. Boost your workout with the right nutrition and supplements
Support your workout with some healthy changes to your lifestyle and diet.
Explore deals from MYPROTEIN and Health Span to learn what supplements can work for you and have them delivered directly to your door.
“We’re always on the lookout for new brands and upcoming retailers. As well as saving money you may discover a new online brand you love,” Sacha said.
6. Take your workout outdoors
Why not invest in a bike and take your workout outdoors? You could even consider mapping out a route for an early morning or evening run.
“Save money on hiking and walking gear from Cotswold outdoor or deals from Cycle Surgery that can make buying a new bike an affordable prospect,” Sacha said.
“Or find inspiration to try something new. Find deals from Snow Rock on winter sports and skiing equipment and try out something you’ve never done before.”
Join for free
Sign up at widilo.co.uk and become a member for free. You’ll gain instant access to an array of deals from popular retailers and brands.
It takes less than a minute to sign up and you’ll receive a £5 welcome bonus and 50 rewards points for joining and earn cashback, paid directly into your account, on any online purchase you make through the site.
Download Widilo’s browser extension to make sure you never miss a deal as you shop online.