Sewage leak at Whittington Hospital pharmacy
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Whittington Hospital has assured patients their health was not at risk after sewage leaked into the on-site pharmacy.
Concerned patients said they had overheard staff talking about a leak when collecting their medicine last week.
A spokesman from the Archway hospital confirmed there was a problem with the drainage system after paper hand towels were flushed into the system and caused a blockage.
“The area was immediately cordoned off and reviewed by our infection control team,” she said. “All drugs in the area affected were removed for safe disposal.
“Our pharmacy service have continued to operate throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure people that there has been no risk to our patients or visitors.”
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder