Sewage leak at Whittington Hospital pharmacy
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Whittington Hospital has assured patients their health was not at risk after sewage leaked into the on-site pharmacy.
Concerned patients said they had overheard staff talking about a leak when collecting their medicine last week.
A spokesman from the Archway hospital confirmed there was a problem with the drainage system after paper hand towels were flushed into the system and caused a blockage.
“The area was immediately cordoned off and reviewed by our infection control team,” she said. “All drugs in the area affected were removed for safe disposal.
“Our pharmacy service have continued to operate throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure people that there has been no risk to our patients or visitors.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'