The show must go on, say young Finsbury dancers
- Credit: Archant
Children from a park that was destroyed by fire still managed to find somewhere to practise their dance routine.
The Three Corners adventure Playground, in Spa Fields Park, was all but destroyed by a fire that police say may have been arson.
The flames ravaged the popular play area back in May, leaving the many children that relied on it with nowhere to stay active during the summer months.
But not to be deterred, a group of young jivers from Three Corners used a recent Playday, in Paradise Park, Holloway on, to get in some crucial practice for their Playstation 3 dance routine.
Cllr George Allan, a trustee of Three Corners, said: “I understand the damaged parts of the adventure playground will be rebuilt some time in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
“The users and the parents are looking forward to having the full range of activities available once again.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing