What’s on in Islington this bank holiday weekend?
- Credit: Archant
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Tap your feet to some live jazz from the Esta Bennett and John Crawford Trio, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Bar and Grill, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs £7, call 020 7272 5566.
Find a bargain at this craft and bric-a-brac fair and enjoy a singing performance to officially open a new patio, from 1 to 3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402.
Lose weight, make friends and enjoy the scenery at Nordic walking sessions for over-55s, from 2pm at the Drovers Centre , North Road, N7. Costs £2, call 07900 888438.
You may also want to watch:
Try juggling, tightrope, plate spinning and more at a circus skills workshop for the over 50s, all welcome to join in or watch, from 11.30am to 1pm at the Drovers Centre, Drovers Centre, North Road, N7. Donations to AgeUK. Call 07900 888 438.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
Pick up some gourmet snacks at this cheeky little market, from 11am to 3pm at Tufnell Road Market, Tufnell Park Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 3510.
Give the ball a kick at fun, rewarding and free football sessions for eight to 16-year-olds from 5 to 6.30pm at the Mayville Community Centre, Woodville Road, N16. Free, call 020 7686 8812.
Celebrate spring time in all its glory at a British village fete – food, live music and plenty of drinks – from noon to 9pm at the Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Free, call 020 7684 8618.
Grab some quality goods at one of Islington’s newest markets – with 30 stalls selling hats, gloves, accessories, underwear, gifts, cards and more, from 10am to 4pm at Camden Passage and Chapel Market, N1. Free, visit www.angelaim.org.
Partake of afternoon tea at an event focusing on sustainable, local food production, hosted by Transition Finsbury Park, from 2 to 4pm at the Ecology Centre, Gillespie Park, N5. Free, call 020 7527 4374.
Allow your mind and body to rest and experience peace at a renewal session, from 7.30 to 8.30pm at Newington Green Unitarian Church, Newington Green, N16. First session free, call 07504 496763.
Spin like a top at a practical ballet class for adult learners aged over 16, from 7.30 to 8.30pm at the Basement Dance Studio, York Way, N7. Costs £80 per term, call 020 7700 7722.
Ponder issues like body image, identity, healthy living and careers at a project for young women aged 11 to 19, from 5 to 7pm at GFS Platform, at St Luke’s Community Centre, Central Street, EC1. Call 020 7837 9669.