What’s on this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Get down to an inspired blend of Middle Eastern song and Western jazz with Ariane Stephanos, Alcyona Mick and Stuart Hall, from 6.30 to 9.30pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1 per session. Call (020) 7713 9304.
Relish some music and al fresco dining at the Inside Out music picnic organised by the London Symphony Orchestra, from 1 to 1.45pm at St Luke’s Garden, Old Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7382 2540 for more information.
Learn the hottest dance in town, Lambazouk, with sensual dance partner Braz Dos Santos, from 7 to 7.30pm (absolute beginners class (free)), 7.30 to 8.30pm (beginners/intermediate) 8.30 to 9.30pm (advanced) 9.30 to 11pm (open dancefloor practice for all), prices vary, at Pulse Dance Studios, Liverpool Road, N1. Call 020 7138 3039 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy a kaleidoscopic array of musicians, artists, dancers and multi-media performers at the Midsummer Renaissance Festival, from 11:30am to 10:30pm on Saturday and 10:30am to 8:30pm on Sunday at the Enlighten Next UK Centre, Windsor Street, N1. Call 020 7288 7000 for more information.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
Get involved with the launch of a new branch of the Islington Food Growers Club from 11am at the New Orleans Estate, New Orleans Walk, N19. Free, call 07943 106554 for more information.
Avoid woolly thinking at this weekly knitting club led by wool enthusiast Charlene Sandy. From 11am to 12.30pm at The Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Fore more information call 07515 647208.
Compete in the Great British Bunt Off, in which contestants submit four metres of bunting, with games and cream teas, at Look Mum No Hands, Old Street, EC1. Call 020 72531025 for more information.
Grab hold of your chi at these weekly reiki-shares sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Rd, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Kick off the The Summer Of Gypsy Jazz with live music from Trio Manouche (a la Django Reinhardt du Hot Club de France 1930 to 1950’s Paris) from 4.30pm at the Alma, Newington Green, N1. Free, call 020 7359 4536 for more information.