What’s on this weekend in Islington
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Join the folk at the Rose Bowl for workshops in drama, music production, MCing, circus, graffiti and set design in order to create a unique outdoor performance, from 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday until August 13. Free, call 020 7684 0060 for more information.
Go behind the scenes at Europe’s largest archaeological archive as the London Archaeological Archive and Research Centre grants visitors special access to their treasures, from 11am to 12.30pm and 2 to 3.30pm every Friday at Mortimer Wheeler House, 46 Eagle Wharf Road, N1, Costs �5, call 020 7814 5511 for more information.
Strengthen you discipline at these Chi Kung classes, from 6.45 to 7.45pm on Friday and 11.15am to 12.30pm on Saturday at the Unity Church, Liverpool Road, N1. Email email@example.com for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Get the nippers active with this hour of supervised fun and games for eight to 15-years-olds for up to 20 people, from 4pm at the Sobell Leisure Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �90, visit www.aquaterra.org for more information.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
Enjoy the theatre of still life painting, using traditional and non-traditional objects to arrange a composition and complete two small paintings, from 11am to 5pm at the Candid Arts Trust, Torren Street, N1. Costs �45, all materials included.
Tackle the council’s consultation on the future of housing at this drop in session from 1 to 3pm and the Walter Sickert Community Centre, Canonbury Crescent, N1. Call 020 7527 8699 for more information.
Develop your mental strength at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Rd, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Have a coffee while the kids have fun at the Sunday Cafe at Paradise Park Children’s Centre, from 11am to 3pm every Sunday until August 28 at Paradise Park Children’s Centre, Paradise Park, N7. Free, call for more information.
Discover a new continent each week at the Travel Round the World playscheme for five to 13-year-olds, from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday until September 13 at Elizabeth House, Hurlock street, N5. Costs �15 a day, �70 a week, call 020 7690 1300 for more information.