What’s on this weekend in Islington
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Join the folk at the Rose Bowl for workshops in drama, music production, MCing, circus, graffiti and set design in order to create a unique outdoor performance, from 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday until August 13. Free, call 020 7684 0060 for more information.
Go behind the scenes at Europe’s largest archaeological archive as the London Archaeological Archive and Research Centre grants visitors special access to their treasures, from 11am to 12.30pm and 2 to 3.30pm every Friday at Mortimer Wheeler House, 46 Eagle Wharf Road, N1, Costs �5, call 020 7814 5511 for more information.
Strengthen you discipline at these Chi Kung classes, from 6.45 to 7.45pm on Friday and 11.15am to 12.30pm on Saturday at the Unity Church, Liverpool Road, N1. Email email@example.com for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Get the nippers active with this hour of supervised fun and games for eight to 15-years-olds for up to 20 people, from 4pm at the Sobell Leisure Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �90, visit www.aquaterra.org for more information.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 10 Mental health charity announces arts award winner and new grants
Enjoy the theatre of still life painting, using traditional and non-traditional objects to arrange a composition and complete two small paintings, from 11am to 5pm at the Candid Arts Trust, Torren Street, N1. Costs �45, all materials included.
Tackle the council’s consultation on the future of housing at this drop in session from 1 to 3pm and the Walter Sickert Community Centre, Canonbury Crescent, N1. Call 020 7527 8699 for more information.
Develop your mental strength at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Rd, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Have a coffee while the kids have fun at the Sunday Cafe at Paradise Park Children’s Centre, from 11am to 3pm every Sunday until August 28 at Paradise Park Children’s Centre, Paradise Park, N7. Free, call for more information.
Discover a new continent each week at the Travel Round the World playscheme for five to 13-year-olds, from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday until September 13 at Elizabeth House, Hurlock street, N5. Costs �15 a day, �70 a week, call 020 7690 1300 for more information.