Whittington Hospital medical director steps down
- Credit: Archant
A third member of the Whittington Hospital board has resigned in less than a month.
Dr Martin Kuper has stepped down as Medical Director of Whittington Health, it was announced last week.
It follows the shock resignation of the trust’s chief executive, Dr Yi Mien Koh, in March.
News of her departure was shortly followed by the announcement that Sue Rubenstein, who served as a non-executive director and chair of the hospital’s Quality Committee, was also leaving the Trust.
Dr Kuper is to take on the role of Medical Director of the Homerton Hospital NHS, according to board papers released by the hospital last week.
You may also want to watch:
The trust’s interim chief executive, Simon Pleydell, said a temporary replacement would be announced in due course.
Dr Kuper, who is also a consultant intensivist and anaesthetist, joined the Whittington in 2012 and was previously a divisional director and director of research and innovation for two years.
- 1 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Can you help identify this man?
- 9 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 10 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown