Whittington Hospital medical director steps down
- Credit: Archant
A third member of the Whittington Hospital board has resigned in less than a month.
Dr Martin Kuper has stepped down as Medical Director of Whittington Health, it was announced last week.
It follows the shock resignation of the trust’s chief executive, Dr Yi Mien Koh, in March.
News of her departure was shortly followed by the announcement that Sue Rubenstein, who served as a non-executive director and chair of the hospital’s Quality Committee, was also leaving the Trust.
Dr Kuper is to take on the role of Medical Director of the Homerton Hospital NHS, according to board papers released by the hospital last week.
You may also want to watch:
The trust’s interim chief executive, Simon Pleydell, said a temporary replacement would be announced in due course.
Dr Kuper, who is also a consultant intensivist and anaesthetist, joined the Whittington in 2012 and was previously a divisional director and director of research and innovation for two years.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans