Whittington Hospital medical director steps down
- Credit: Archant
A third member of the Whittington Hospital board has resigned in less than a month.
Dr Martin Kuper has stepped down as Medical Director of Whittington Health, it was announced last week.
It follows the shock resignation of the trust’s chief executive, Dr Yi Mien Koh, in March.
News of her departure was shortly followed by the announcement that Sue Rubenstein, who served as a non-executive director and chair of the hospital’s Quality Committee, was also leaving the Trust.
Dr Kuper is to take on the role of Medical Director of the Homerton Hospital NHS, according to board papers released by the hospital last week.
You may also want to watch:
The trust’s interim chief executive, Simon Pleydell, said a temporary replacement would be announced in due course.
Dr Kuper, who is also a consultant intensivist and anaesthetist, joined the Whittington in 2012 and was previously a divisional director and director of research and innovation for two years.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 10 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years